Friday, December 17, 2010

Thoughts

Yeah, yeah, I know, I haven't been blogging that much. I THINK that will change soonish.

So after wheedling (somewhat =P) a "yes" out of Karen as to whether I could go Para para, I popped off to Crown, since, for whatever reason, it's the only arcade which I know off that has a Para para machine. And to my horror, yes, you guessed it, Galactic circus had REMOVED said Para para machine. Which left me with... DDR

So I'm pretty decent at Para para, I LIKE para para, which, Karen says is probably because I'm pretty good at it, which is probably quite true. It also gives you quite a workout if you do it long enough.

DDR on the other hand, I have never tried, or maybe once in the distant recesses of time. And to be honest, I really doubted I could pull it off.

Which brings me to two reminders which I got reminded about after all is said and done:

1) You ain't seen nothin' yet!

So there's this kid who's at the arcade who showed me the reason why DDR machines have this back rest like thingy on the machine. You use em to support you while your feet dance at the speed of light. This kid ROCKS, and I mean rocks, as in REALLY rocks. He was probably dancing at the fastest speed/hardest difficulty, and STILL getting like 30, 40+ combos.

And well, sometimes I STILL think that I've seen it all, I know it all. Sometimes. Sometimes God has to remind me that He will KEEP BLOWING MY MIND. I just need to keep looking out for it!

2) Never try, never know.

I discovered that for a first time DDR player, I'm actually pretty decent. =) I STILL think para para is easier, but then, hand movements are a bit more intuitive I guess. The proof? Said kid from above actually asked me if he could versus me after seeing me play for a while. =D
Now I KNOW that I'm no where near his standard (heck, I probably can't touch that kid even with like, YEARS of practice), but well, you gotta pat your own back sometimes ^^*

And well, it's the same with living for God, never try, never know. So... I gotta keep trying!

John 14:12 - Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.

P.S I'm seriously contemplating getting a DDR game and mat =D

No comments:

Post a Comment