Saturday, April 9, 2011

From John...

To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples.

It ends with:

58 “Very truly I tell you,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I am!” 59 At this, they picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus hid himself, slipping away from the temple grounds.

I still don't get it, not fully, but belief itself is not enough, or perhaps, belief is tested and will continue to be tested, and we need to grow from faith to faith. Perhaps it was just a surface belief which the Jews had, and with harder teaching, teaching which challenged their pride, their true colours were revealed. Maybe that's why Jesus said you are REALLY my disciples.

When God challenges me and my ways and thinking, how will *I* respond?

No comments:

Post a Comment